Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Busy, busy, busy . . .

I confess to being rushed off my feet (not in a literal sense, I hasten to add) with all the work I'm doing with this latest section of The Big Red Book, as we students of the Creative Writing course are calling our coursebook!

I am now on the Poetry section and, while not really enjoying the activities set us, am aware that, by stretching our knowledge, we are, hopefully, being tempered in our poetical arts!

While busy with the activities, I'm also concenrating hard on the next TMA we are due to send by the 27th of this month, and there has been much pulling of hair, muttering, and frantic reaming through poetry books, to make sure the poems I write are as technically perfect as I can make them.
It's as well that I'm doing most of this on my trusty laptop, otherwise I'd be chin-deep in screwed up bits of paper! Lol

There are a group of us who have got together to critique each other's work, and it has been a godsend for all of us, as panic tends to blind each of us to faults in our own work, that we can see immediately in others'. - There is a scripture about splinters and logs that that this definitely brings to mind!

Here's one of my earlier efforts, although not one that I sent to our tutorial forum, so I haven't had any feedback as to whether it's any good or not - I leave you, the reader, to decide:

Source Code

Animate matter, we all call it life,
now needed, and wanted, we call it the prize,
that sits on the cusp of eternity,
hands clasped demurely, all soft in the breeze of
resounding echoes, grown large with the ease
of chasing dark shadows, that gradually freeze.


Particular places seem full of this thing,
of vital, strong motion, all needing to bring so
many together, that seek, like themselves,
old and new friendships, where all laughter dwells.
resounding around all the halls, we seek out,
perhaps in mistaken desire, we peek out
haltingly, true, at all things that we strive,
in living this life, before hope was alive.


Soaking up atmospheres, both grave and bold,
and seeking to understand all that is old.
though given that all of us hope to live life,
is that why God gave young Adam a wife?
or is it that we hate to think of our fate?
Never give up, know it’s never too late!


No comments: