Friday, April 10, 2009

Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey!

It is a slow and painful process, I have to admit, but I'm gradually fulfilling the purpose that I started this course for - namely, to improve my writing skills.

I've finally completed TMA 04, and am just waiting for a few more days before I post it online and, as my tutor is away until wednesday, I decided that this will be the day I do post it.

I've finally decided on a story for TMA 05 as well.

I did a couple of activities earlier on, 11.3 & 11.4, where I had to think up a story line, and I decided to use this outline, expanding it to fill the requirements of the TMA, and then go from there as to which magazine I would choose to prepare it for submission.
I'm quite enjoying the writing of this story, as I've decided on a sci-fi theme for the first time. I just hope it works out as well on paper (or should I say, on the screen?) as it does in my head!

I've also been busy, and completed the poetry section of my ECA, although it still needs a lot of editing, and I have also written the first paragraph of my commentry.
I think this is the thing that I'm really going to have difficulties with, as I've never found writing commentaries very easy. I've got 05's commentary to do as well!

With all of this, I'm also trying to keep up with my activities as well - not easy, considering, but I'm doing my best, which is all I can ask of myself.

Add to all this one of the worst bouts of depression I've had in an age, and you'll see that it's been a tad difficult for me this last week.

It's always amazed me that I get my best ideas when in a fit of depression - my mind certainly works in mysterious ways!

No comments: