Sunday, June 07, 2009

Keeping Busy

I've been keeping myself busy this week, and I've sent off some poems to a couple of poetry competitions. It's the only thing I can think of, to encourage myself to keep writing as much as possible while I wait for the next course to start.
I am so sad! A215 isn't even officially over as such, and I'm already missing it, and looking forwards to the start of A363!

At least my letter of confirmation has arrived, so I know my place on the course is guaranteed - well, as much as anything can be nowadays!

It's been a strange week. I've not got out of my study habits as yet, but I also haven't worked out a new timetable for myself either, so I seem to be dragging my heels to do anything much, except when inspiration strikes, of course. :)

I wrote the following poem a few days ago, although I haven't submitted it to anything, so I thought I'd put it on here, to see if anyone has any comments on it:

I Am Born

With a squalling wail,
I came into this world -
a scrap of nothing -
and I lay there,
child of innocence,
in a world of happiness.
But I never saw the look
upon my dying mother’s face.

While all those round me sped
with haste, I had no intimation
that something tragic came
of bringing me to my first breath.
Then quiet filled the room
as I did what came so naturally,
and smiled at her who gave me life,
oblivious to distress.



No comments: