Sunday, August 04, 2013

10 More Things to be Thankful For...



Ten Things of Thankful


Oops! It's almost the end of the day, and I've only just had the time to write my 10 Thankful Things post - naughty me - and so here I go . . .


  1. I'm thankful for my faith, which keeps me going when I might want to stop.

  1. I'm so very, very thankful for a loving and understanding husband, who has been putting up with my bad temper as I try to cope with yet more pain.

  1. I'm thankful that, despite the extra pain, I've still been able to do a few things, rather than being comatose with all the meds I have to take.

  1. I'm thankful for the small mercies - that the sky has been relatively clear, that, even when it's rained, it meant our very dry garden got a thorough soaking.

  1. I'm thankful that, no matter how bad my life can be, I know I'm fortunate to be able to do things others can't. 

  1. I'm thankful to still be able to chat to my mum and dad, whereas my hubby has lost both of his parents, and so can't tell them all the small miracles of life that happen to him.

  1. I'm thankful that my step-daughter is having her first child, and is deliriously happy with her partner.

  1. I'm thankful that my daughter loves her life, and her work, and that she is just starting a whole new business for herself.

  1. I'm thankful for all the love, and help, we're given from all of our sweet and kind friends.


  1. I'm so very thankful for the creation of the internet, as it makes so many people that much more connected to each other :)

It amazes me that, the more we think about our lives, the more there is to be thankful for :)


6 comments:

Lizzi said...

Naughty? For joining in on the second day of a two-day hop? Pfshawww! Away with THAT idea - the whole point of the two days is to give it a relaxed, chilled-out feel. I love that people can join in at whatever point over the weekend and still be a part of it. Less pressure to getitalldoneinoneday, y'know?

Your list is amazing. Sorry to hear you're in so much pain, but WOW! What an attitude. You are *working* the very attitude I'm hoping to propagate with this hop, so thank you so much for the gift of this list to show it CAN be done, and done so well.

Mega kudos for your husband for bearing with you. He sounds like a real blessing :)

And YAY for the internet and connectedness and 'meeting the people at the other end of the WWW'

clark said...

I agree with Lizzi.

A simple, direct list of things (to be thankful for), has a strength in it's way of taking the important things (we have) in life and reminding all of us of how important the little things are.

The A Team said...

Awesome list!!! I love the internet!!!

Christine said...

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain, but your attitude about it is admirable. It isn't easy to be thankful for things when your life involves physical, non-stop pain.

A new baby in the family is a happy thing indeed.

I, too, am grateful that my parents are still alive and well. My mom went through a year of very scary health issues, so I appreciate it even more.

Thanks for linking up with us. It's only late if it's on Monday. :)

Dyanne @ I Want Backsies said...

It would be difficult to find ways you are more fortunate than others when you are suffering so yourself. What a strong person you are!

Ouch Potato said...

Thank you for all of your lovely comments, ladies :)


I don't have as much time, or energy, to spend on looking through everyone's blogs each day, but I'm trying to make sure I read something from each of you throughout the week. It's such a lovely way to keep connected with like-minded people, and I'm so grateful for the internet, as it's totally my life-line out into the world :)
See you all again next weekend :)
x x x x