Monday, June 17, 2019

Well! I've just come on here, only to discover that my last post was on 25th Feb, 2016!

I knew it had been some time - but 3-odd YEARS?

Admittedly, my health has been attrocious for a very long time, and then, last year, I lost my darling husband to heart failure, which all but destroyed me for a very long time - but I was totally gobsmacked that it had been so long since I'd been on here!

I have to admit that I don't know how regularly I'll be able to continue posting on here - as I won't make promises I can't keep - but I'll try my very best to at least do some posting, especially as I've recently found the Crojo I'd lost, when my hubby died!


Because there's such a gap in time, I realise there are quite a few items I've crocheted that I haven't posted about, so I'll do my best to start putting them on here from now on - although it's possible that I've forgotten details about the items I made - that old Fibro-fog is still alive and causing me grief! :/ 

To start with, I had started on a CAL on 5th April, 2016, called Frida's Flower Blanket - something I made for my daughter, who has become the recipient of quite a few of the blankets I've made over the years! Lol

I have to confess that I've forgotten most of the details but, fortunately, I took photos of my work-in-progress, so at least I can show them to you all :)

Fortunately (or unfortunately, if you're not keen on sewing) this CAL Blanket was done in small parts, which was easier for me, in that I wasn't trying to crochet around a huge blanket but, as stated above, did involve sewing those parts together which, honestly, took me about 4 times as long to do as the actual crochet work itself!

Having kept the pattern instructions also I can, at least, let you know that it was made with Stylecraft  Classique Cotton DK:


100% Cotton – 50g 92m 100y
39g x 3093 Black
12g x 3567 Plum
48g x 3669 Nocturne
24g x 3665 Ivory
14g x 3672 Poppy
12g x 3566 Teal
40g x 3674 Shrimp
20g x 3097 Leaf
28g x 3662 Sunflower
22g x 3095 Greek Blue
44g x 3658 Mauve (26g left after tension swatc h)
36g x 10904 Toffee (21g left after tension swatc h)
 

Blanket Measurement: approx. 90c m x 120c m
 

I also used 3.5mm, 4mm, and 4.5mm crochet hooks.


Block 1 was called White Cosmos:


 Block 2 was called Dahlia Bud:


Block 3 was called Bird of Paradise:


 
Block 4 was called Rosa:
 


Block 5 was called Heart Rose:


Block 6 was called Ring of Roses:




Block 7 was called Bouquet:


 I managed to find a pic of the completed blanket - I used a few of the colours to edge the blanket, making it complete:
 

 

 Anyhoo, that's all for right now - I will try and post more of the completed items I've made over the last year or so, as and when I can, though :)


No comments: