Wednesday, September 11, 2013


I've been very quiet on the web this last few days, due to the frequent bouts of ill health that this constant change in the weather produces, but I managed to finish off the Little Boy Owl Outfit I've been crocheting for Jo, which pleased me enormously :)

I'm really happy with it all, especially the little cloak that I had to make up a design for myself, as I couldn't find exactly what I wanted in the patterns I searched through :)


I've also been playing with the Picasa 3 software I recently uploaded onto my laptop, and discovered the collage-making facility again - so here's one of the Owl outfit :)


Jo hasn't seen it yet, so I'm hoping she'll be pleased with it all :)

I'm becoming ever busier with my crochet now, as I've taken on the trialing of a pattern for a brilliant designer - in the 'very amatuer' category, of course! Lol

I'm enjoying it very much so far, although I'm dreadfully slow, as I'm learning how to do the Crocodile stitch as I go - but I figure it's yet another stitch learned, which will help me develop my crochet work enormously :)

I've not only taken this on, but I've also offered to make some bunting for a friend's stall, which I'm really looking forward to doing and, not only that, but I'm now taking part in a 'Granny Square Swap around the World' thing - which I've only just started, but the first 2 squares are on their way to the USA as I write this :)

Hubby keeps telling me off, and saying I shouldn't do so much at one time but, like every other crocheter I know, I'm not happy doing crochet in a linear way - it's gotta be 3, or 4, or more, projects on the go at the same time for me!

I'm also continuing to crochet the squares for my future granddaughter, though that's at a halt until I get the yarn I ordered weeks ago but, until it comes, I think I've got enough to keep me busy for a while - don't you? :)


No comments: